[dkim-milter-discuss] Bad-Sig
Mike O'Brien
2010-07-06 20:36:08 UTC
Please help!

I installed Dkim-filter on my postfix mail servers. I have no problem with
signature when I am sending from telnet localhost 25.

I do have a problem when relaying from our internal servers.

Here is the error:
domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=*****.com; dkim=permerror (bad sig)

Here is our key from the Failed sig:
s=default.private; t=1278444872; bh=xeeTZXCd7S7T3HnV/5ZvXMATI76qxhy
Z0okFMwrJ+dw=; h=Date:From:To:Message-Id:Subject:Mime-Version:
Content-Type; b=EIqzCfqCx1Url42rTATDtvnr9HhUxiX8xcwtyABHknaAb2A3qT
8oUmxiXyko3StIZKvmQfxSsYPtfZEVnj5U+CU17HVdeOLmVwSIhDHn7zJlJpcsN2pOm
zmSqD7XRf329sFDVujZNVomJ+Ok4nn7ng7J/vvJgL7ikT0iPklqUsQ=

Here is a successful sig from the telnet.

s=default.private; t=1278445471; bh=uFUqNPBT63dJ0Gt0u2lqysosnwxxUDp
2m9+B5KCj9Bo=; h=To:From:Subject:Message-Id:Date; b=Zs5VJlbb0SGqHCD
Lag8a269Jm3bgQJZ1ymKiSayjr0LGnxzyw/WjFl5icnXrEO+dHmwZZcNNmKupNKXeVl
O1JKq8M27b1lu1x7ALeuG7SI5AlTjlcv8t17vgjVN0Thq410l2dQJ3y4/GsFo4+ocqY
lSa/y9n1/t5je/o/lkObmk=

Thanks mike!
System Support
2010-07-06 22:04:55 UTC
Post by Mike O'Brien
Please help!
I installed Dkim-filter on my postfix mail servers. I have no problem with
signature when I am sending from telnet localhost 25.
I do have a problem when relaying from our internal servers.
You need two commands in your main.cf

smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:portnumber ...other filters...
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:portnumber ...other filters...

The SMTP-only Milter applications handle mail that arrives via the Postfix smtpd(8) server.
The non-SMTP Milter applications handle mail that arrives via the Postfix sendmail(1) command-
line or via the Postfix qmqpd(8) server.
Mike O'Brien
2010-07-06 23:06:13 UTC
I have these lines in the main.cf:

milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 2
smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8891
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8891

I do notice that the order of the h= is different among the good-sig and bad
sig. We are relaying for an internal server that is listed in the
internal_hosts file.

Also, I do not see any signing errors in the log files, which I had before
using the internal_hosts file.
Mike Markley
2010-07-07 00:29:58 UTC
Try using Canonicalization relaxed/simple. Simple header
canonicalization often breaks in pretty common cases (headers being
refolded, addresses being reformatted, spaces being added or deleted).
--
Mike Markley <***@markley.org>

One small step for man, one giant stumble for mankind.
Mike O'Brien
2010-07-07 17:42:38 UTC
Thanks for for the input. I changed the C= to relaxed/simple and it still
breaks.

dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify)

I am not a PHP shop, but I understand that there is a problem when using the
mail() in php.