[dkim-milter-discuss] error on DKIM one inbound domain
Admin
2012-02-17 18:09:23 UTC
Hello. can someone help me get this error and continuing server errors
with DKIM?

The problem is that i am getting this in my OSSEC logs my the thousands
from this ONE domain. Postfix, mailman. I have no other problems with
DKIM ever, but for the last few weeks with this error.

Received From: www->/var/log/maillog
Rule: 1002 fired (level 2) -> "Unknown problem somewhere in the system."
Portion of the log(s):

Feb 16 20:42:47 www dkim-filter[1305]: 560704ACD3D: key retrieval failed
(s=k1, d=monobestoffers.info <http://monobestoffers.info/>):
res_query(): `k1._domainkey.monobestoffers.info
<http://domainkey.monobestoffers.info/>' Unknown host

IT would not bother me, except i have blocked the ip from the firewall
and continue to recieve the errors and am worried about the load on the
mailsystem and server.

How can I stop it and what is going on, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Murray S. Kucherawy
2012-02-17 18:44:18 UTC
dkim-milter support has been discontinued. You should instead switch to OpenDKIM, http://www.opendkim.org.

That said, the error means you're getting mail from someone that's signed by a key that can't be found in the DNS. The error is legitimate, and there's not much you can do about it other than ignore it or filter mail from that source.

-MSK